Strength & Performance Internship
Starters Sports Training is seeking an individual to serve as our Strength & Performance Intern for the summer of 2017. The individual we are looking for is energetic, highly motivated, and has experience and knowledge of athletic development. You must be invested in the development and growth of youth athletes and passionate about taking our members to the next level.
Starters Sports Training is a 30,000+ square foot facility designed to train athletes of all ages and sports. Our members range from ages 8 all the way to the pros. Our performance programs have been designed to develop the foundation for our athletes: Core, Strength, Agility, Attitude, and Work Ethic.
Timeframe: May 2017 – August 2017
- Implement and lead sports training programs that focus on speed, agility, plyometrics, flexibility, balance and coordination, core strength, and injury prevention thru the guidance of the other performance staff
- Knowledge of exercise technique, physiology, and body mechanics
- Able to work one on one, in small group and large team settings
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to communicate effectively with management and staff members while have a dynamic personality
- Available to work mornings, afternoon, evenings, as well as some weekends
- Experience working with youth athletes and athletic teams is a plus
- Obtained or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field
- Coaching/Sports related certification
- Fitness certification from an approved education company such as NSCA, ACSM, ACE are strongly preferred
Social Media & Marketing Internship
Job Description: Assist Starters Sports Training in maintaining websites, Constant Contact, social media content, videos, promotional content, and other departmental needs. This is a paid internship and entails full-time weekdays, holidays and special events.
Timeframe: May 2017 – August 2017
- Updates websites on a weekly basis, including the posting of press releases, stories, upcoming events, and other editorial content, plus management of team roster and other informational pages.
- Assist with photo needs including editing, curating, organizing, shooting and posting to website and social media.
- Covers community and Starters-related events, including video and photography.
- Assist with miscellaneous graphic requests.
- Shooting videos, setting up equipment.
- Supports social media initiatives by scheduling posts for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Assist with miscellaneous Starters digital/marketing projects as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in digital media technology or similar course work).
- Knowledge and experience in HTML, CSS, Constant Contact, Square Space, Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to provide own equipment, lighting, etc. for video and photographs
- Above average communication skills.
- Background in photography, video recording, and video editing crucial.
- Flexible availability to make site updates at all hours of the day, throughout the week, and holidays (as needed).
*What do we have for creative editing tools?*
*What other tools do they need to know how to use or already have on their laptop?*
*Required to have own computer for all content created? Or provide external hard drive or cloud storage?*
Please contact Ryan Schwertman at firstname.lastname@example.org in inquire about any of our open positions.